Zach, being the clown he is, decided he wanted to see how he looked in Kacie's dress. Kacie decided if he was wearing her dress she wanted to wear his tux. These two are so funny, they have a lot of fun together and they love to make me laugh.
Zach on his cell phone. It's almost a permanent fixture on the side of his head. But wait, Kacie is with him so it's not her, who could it be? Either Ethan, Brandon, Tyler, Kevin; who knows.
Shea had the best time watching Kacie get ready. I think she sat and watched Kacie the entire time she was putting on her make-up and Kacie, being the sweet person she is, took the time to help Shea with a little make-up of her own. It's no wonder Shea loves Kacie.
It was threatening rain all day Friday and of course started about 15 minutes before they were ready. We figured we were not going to be able to take pictures outside but it stopped just long enough for me to get a few good shots. They looked so nice. And please notice the flowers behind them, they are just beautiful this year.
You can see how pretty Kacie's dress is in this picture.
See, always something with these two!!
It was threatening rain all day Friday and of course started about 15 minutes before they were ready. We figured we were not going to be able to take pictures outside but it stopped just long enough for me to get a few good shots. They looked so nice. And please notice the flowers behind them, they are just beautiful this year.
You can see how pretty Kacie's dress is in this picture.
See, always something with these two!!
This is my favorite picture of them.
Look who showed up, it's Sir Ethan Anderson. The three of them were going to Summerfield to Emily's house for picture and then off to dinner. Emily is Ethan's girlfriend.
I had to get Ethan in the picture since he is like one of my children. Kacie looks really short standing between these two giants.
Look who showed up, it's Sir Ethan Anderson. The three of them were going to Summerfield to Emily's house for picture and then off to dinner. Emily is Ethan's girlfriend.
I had to get Ethan in the picture since he is like one of my children. Kacie looks really short standing between these two giants.
Zach and Ethan have been best buds for a really long time. They started school together in K-4 at Mt. Olive and have been friends since. Can't you tell how happy they are together. Again I say, "always the clowns". 
The more serious look.
Zach bought new rims to go on "Lil Red" but wasn't able to get them on his truck because he didn't have new tires. Since he forgot to get the rims out of his truck BEFORE he put on his tux he had to do it AFTER. Luckily he didn't get filthy.
Here they are heading to Summerfield.
After picture's at Emily's they went to Simmsborro to eat at JR's. The prom didn't start until 7PM so they come back by the house. I took the opportunity to take a few more pictures. I think they were all so full they couldn't move to fast. Mamaw got to come over to see them all dressed up too.
I really like this picture too.
A really good picture of Ethan and Emily.
The prom was at the Homer Country Club. I went up there to get a few pictures and I didn't embarrass my child at all by being there. I didn't get a lot of pictures there because I was trying to hurry and get gone! The music was way to loud, the dancing was mostly something I had never seen before and there were teenagers everywhere. Oh man, I'm getting old.
Another one of my children, Tyler, dancing with Lauran. Tyler meet me at the door with a big ol' hug. 
The crew (minus one). Ethan, Zach, Tyler and Kevin stopped long enough to pose for a picture. I couldn't find Brandon at the time. I hate he was left out of the "thug" picture.
But since Brandon missed that picture I got one of him with Zach because by the time I found him the others had disappeared. It's nice to see cousins that think so much of each other. Again I say, "always the clowns". I told them Mamaw wanted a picture of them together so they decided to show Mamaw how much they love each other. I made a picture of Jeremy, Brandon and Zach for Mamaw that turned out really good but it seems as though I have lost it in space somewhere.
The kids had a good time.
After prom Emily's mom and dad, Lara and Robbie, let them come over to their house and have an after prom party. I was sooooo happy when he told me what they wanted to do. I knew I wouldn't have to worry if they were at Emily's. Not that I worry about Zach and his friends very much anyway, they are a really great group of kids and I am so thankful. I'm not sure I could have hand-picked a group I would like any better.
A really good picture of Ethan and Emily.
The prom was at the Homer Country Club. I went up there to get a few pictures and I didn't embarrass my child at all by being there. I didn't get a lot of pictures there because I was trying to hurry and get gone! The music was way to loud, the dancing was mostly something I had never seen before and there were teenagers everywhere. Oh man, I'm getting old.
I hung around long enough to get some pictures of the kids dancing. Here is Zach and Kacie during a slow dance.
The crew (minus one). Ethan, Zach, Tyler and Kevin stopped long enough to pose for a picture. I couldn't find Brandon at the time. I hate he was left out of the "thug" picture.

The kids had a good time.
Anyway, this is what my living room looked like until Saturday afternoon. That is Zach and Kacie in the chairs and Brandon and Kyle on the couch. They were so tired. I think they slept less than an hour all night. Lara and Robbie cooked breakfast for them Saturday morning and sent them home. I'm sure they were wanting some sleep themselves. I saw Lara and Robbie at church Sunday morning and they didn't look worn out at all. 
I had to show you a close-up of Brandon. He liked that tux so much he didn't take off his jacket and tie. He slept in this the entire time at my house.
So ends the prom of 2009. Thanks to everyone that had a part in making it so much fun for the kids. And thank you to Lara and Robbie for opening your home to the kids so they could continue the fun.
I had to show you a close-up of Brandon. He liked that tux so much he didn't take off his jacket and tie. He slept in this the entire time at my house.
Charlene
1 comment:
Great pics Leenie, I do have to say that Mr. Brandon has a lot of his papaw in him though...it wasn't that he liked the tux so much as he told me he wanted to get his monies worth! Does that not sound like my daddy??? LOL He told me Saturday when he got home that he had the best time of his life at Prom and at Lara and Robbie's. I too am thankful that we have the kids we do and that they have chosen such great friends! Makes my nights be a lot more restful!!! :-)
Post a Comment