Some kids may think after a certain age they are to old to dye Easter eggs. But just how old is too old? Well let's see, we have a 7 year old, certainly not to old, then an 11 year old, nope still not to old but the 15 and 16 year old, you guessed it, not to old.
I don't think anyone will be surprised to find out that Shea's first egg had to be pink. Notice there was a spill immediately. No big surprise.
Zach wrote something on his egg and is being very careful coloring it two different colors.
Brandon is really concentrating to make sure his is perfect.
Every year we have to dye Easter eggs. It's just something that has to be done. Shea was all pumped about it and she had to have Jake (her favorite side-kick) over to help. Jake had spent the night with us Friday night. Let me get off subject for a second. Shea asked if Jake could spend the night with her Thursday night. She had been at softball practice and we were going to get something to eat and it was getting late so I told her "not tonight, maybe tomorrow night". She looked at me and said "I know it's kind of of weird that I'm asking if a boy can spend the night with me, but Jake is my cousin, that's different". I thought that was the funniest thing but kind of scary all at the same time. It doesn't take them long to learn, does it?
So back to the Easter eggs. I got everything ready but Jake and Zach has gone for a ride on the four-wheelers and Shea wouldn't start without Jake. I don't think Jake has missed an egg dying party at our house since he was big enough to dye eggs. They finally made it back. Brandon had walked to our house in the meantime. I know he came over because he knew there were going to be some eggs to dye. Isn't that right Brandon? So here you go, some picture of the little kids and not so little kids dying eggs.
I don't think anyone will be surprised to find out that Shea's first egg had to be pink. Notice there was a spill immediately. No big surprise.
Jake was busy trying to figure out how to make a multicolored eggs.
See how much fun Zach and Brandon are having.
Awww, it says I love KPP. I'm sure that doesn't surprise many of you either. I'm sure Kacie would have been dying eggs with us if she would have been in town. She was in south Louisiana with her cute little nephew, Colby, celebrating his 3rd birthday.
Brandon is really concentrating to make sure his is perfect.
I don't remember what the big boys said to Jake but this is his and Shea's reaction to it. Shea gets a little irritated when they mess with Jake.
Here you have it, the finished product.
Now to be perfectly honest, Zach and Brandon wasn't fired up about dying eggs at first. They didn't complain though, they just said "do we really have to dye eggs?", I said "of course you do" and they turned off the video game and came right on in to help. Such good boys. They did enjoy themselves once they got started.
I hope you all had a very blessed Easter. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice so that we can have eternal life. What an amazing sacrifice it was.
Charlene
2 comments:
How cute! Those big boys are not near as grown as they like for everyone to think they are!!!! Brandon was plum tickeled to get to dye eggs!!! Thanks for the pics!!!
21 and 18 and we still dye eggs...don't even have a little one for an excuse!
Post a Comment