It didn't take Shea and Dixie but a second to become good buddies. Dixie is looking at the pictures on Cynthia's camera. Cynthia is Chris' sister and Dixie is his great niece.
Minerva and Rollie. Here is a neat piece of information for you. Rollie had just gotten back from Washington, D.C. where he was one of four veterans chosen to participate in the changing of the wreath ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He is a World War II veteran and was given the opportunity to visit the National WWII War Memorial. I know it was a trip of a lifetime for him. Thank you Rollin Cochran for your service to our country and to us.
Syble with Smidge, Zach with Ginger and Grant just sitting around taking it all in. Zach enjoys hanging out with Mr. Chris and Ms. Syble as much as we do.
What a sweet baby. This is Mason, Chris' great-nephew and Dixie's little brother. I think he enjoyed his first camping experience. I remember Dixie was a tiny little thing the first time she came to the lake to see Uncle Chris and Aunt Syble.
Grant looks like he is wondering when I am going to put the camera away.
This was Ginger's first camping trip and she was pooped out after the first night. She found her a comfortable spot on Grant's legs and took her a nap.
This is Chris with his sister, Cynthia, and Cynthia's daughter, Erin. Erin is the mother of the two beautiful babies, Dixie and Mason. Erin has always been special to me, she and my niece, Mary Kate were best buddies in high school.
Shea and Dixie stopped playing just long enough for me to get a quick picture.
Here are Syble and Chris Saturday night after dinner. Again, they cooked. I can honestly say I have never tasted anything they cooked that I didn't like. I do feel a little guilty because I never do much cooking when they are around. I didn't do any, and I mean any, this time. I told them next time we camped together we would do the cooking and let them relax the whole trip. I do know I will never be as creative with my meals as they are.
Michelle and John David came out for a visit and Michelle got the chance to meet Chris and Syble. You see where Shea is at, don't you? Shea was a little upset when I had to break the news to her that Harley, Michelle's daughter, wasn't coming with them. She is so excited about getting new cousins, girl cousins, and she gets two, three with Michelle!!
And, as always, look at the group of teenagers that showed up. There is Kevin, Tyler, Ethan, Brett, Zach, and Kacie. But something very unusual happened this time though. I only had one spend the night in our camper with us. Kacie stayed with us. The boys went to the cabins but got locked out and, I think, slept in the car all night. At least that is the story I got.
They look like they are planning something here. I always enjoy these guys when they come out. They are a good group of kids and I would lots rather have them with us than running the streets.
Little Smidge is a good guard dog. She heard something out in the woods and was ready to get it. Luckily, Chris had a good grip on that leash.
Look at this poor, little, tired doggy. By Sunday, Ginger would just lay down anywhere you put her. Shea fixed her up a little chair and Ginger was perfectly happy just sitting there.
Well, looks like the camping season has begun for us. I know, some of you think it really isn't camping if you pull your RV up and plug in the electricity and water. My friends, that is the only kind of camping I do now. I am too darn old to try to pitch a tent, much less sleep in it.
I will be telling you all about the Killgore Reunion we went to Saturday in my next post. It was at the old Killgore House in Lisbon. And yes, I have pictures. (imagine that!)
Charlene
P.S. Could you all please keep my Uncle Bill, Franklin Smith, in your prayers. He is my daddy's oldest brother and is in the hospital. His condition is serious. Also say a prayer for his daughter, Shelia, while she takes care of him. My mom is in Alabama with them now to try to help Shelia.
No comments:
Post a Comment