Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ALWAYS ROOM FOR MORE

I have a lot of people in my family and I mean just my immediate family. My mom and dad have five children and each of those children have children, and then some of those children have children......well, you get the point.

I mentioned in a previous post about Jason and April getting married in May. So there we have one added. I'm not sure if I have posted about Randy and Donna getting married but they too will tie the knot sometimes this summer (I'm not sure on the date). Donna will be bringing with her, her children and grandchildren into our family. I'll have to get back to you on that count. I wanted to post some pictures of these guys but I seemed to have already deleted them from my computer. So I guess until I post wedding pictures (oh, and I will have lots of wedding pictures) you will have to go back to previous post to see their pictures.


We have one more wedding this year that was just made official this past weekend, John David and Michelle. Michelle is bring with her, her two beautiful girls. Here is a picture of John David and my soon-to-be niece and great-nieces. (Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the picture, I swiped them off of John David's facebook.)

John David, being the sneaky little devil he his, told Michelle we were all getting together at Mamaw's house for Easter, which was the truth but a few details may have been left out. John David wanted to officially propose to her at Mamaw's house with his and her family there. So, back in February, I think it was, he began to tell me all the plans he had to make so this would be a big surprise. Since Easter Sunday also happened to be Michelle's birthday he decided he would have a "surprise" birthday party for her. But the real surprise was that he was giving her the ring and make an official proposal.

Michelle was surprised when they got there. John David had her a big birthday cake and Mamaw, of course, had plenty of food. After the birthday cake Kenneth went in the living room and started playing his guitar, like he normally would. Everyone came in to listen and then he said he had a special request for Michelle. He started playing one of Michelle's favorite songs. I think she was pretty surprised about that too.

Just before the song was over, John David got down on one knee, pulled out the ring, and asked her to marry him. Oh, it was so sweet. I think you can tell from the pictures she was surprised yet again.


She said YES!! Of course I knew she would, she loves my John David. He was trying to put the ring on her finger but she kept waving her hands around and covering her face. I think he finally told her he needed her hand to put the ring on.

Of course there were tears, but they were all happy tears. And no, Michelle wasn't the only one crying.
And the first picture of the officially engaged couple.



Don't they look happy. I read something on Michelle's facebook one of her friends wrote that I just had to share. It said John David was a lucky man, he gets 3 beautiful women for the small price of one ring. How cool is that?


John David and Michelle, I pray that you have a very long and very happy life together. And to Michelle, Mercedes and Harley, welcome to our family, I love you guys!!!!!
Charlene

No comments: