
All the other kids would stand up, pronounce the word, spell it, pronounce it again and sit down. Not Shea, she took the microphone, they called out the word "tell", she spelled it and passed the mic right on to the next person. A lot of confidence there, which I guess is good. 
The next time, she stood and pronounced the word like she was suppose to. She is still hanging in there.
After several rounds, you see she is still there. Just her and the third graders. She did so good. I was a very proud mama.
Then came THE word, "because". That just happened to be on the third grade list we never got around to studying very much. Of course a first grader would spell it something like this, "becose", don't you think? Especially if her mama didn't study enough with her. If you ask her now though, she will gladly spell it for you and knows how to spell it right.
Shea did a great job and she was happy with herself. So all is well. But she wasn't as happy as her mama. Here is one of the teachers giving her her metal.

Here are all the kids with their metals. The third grade girl won. The third grade boy missed the very next word after Shea missed "because" then the girl got two more correct and won. I think they all did a good job by just making it up there.
This is Shea and her friend Janae. They are the two first graders. Shea always tells me that Janae is the smartest girl in her class.
Thank goodness Shea didn't get her mama's spelling ability. For those of you that read my blog, I know you are probably thinking the same thing. I think one of the greatest inventions in the world is spell-check.
Charlene
2 comments:
Please tell Shae how proud I am of her! That's amazing that she's up against third graders! What a smart chicken she is. I taught first grade for 11 years and as far as I'm concerned....that IS the way to spell becose!!!
Luvs, Sylvia
You tell Shea that me and Unkie are berry berry proud of her!!! Next time I have to call out spelling words we will work on the HARD ones...I think I was in third grade before I could spell becose!
Post a Comment