Sunday, February 8, 2009

One really busy weekend

Just wanted to share some pictures from our weekend. We went out to the Emerson lake house because Grant wanted to do a little tree trimming. It WAS NOT a little, it was a lot. When that man gets to working, you can't get him to stop. I had planned to try to take it easy this weekend but I got to feeling a little guilty and decided I would help him out. Zach was suppose to help but you know the schedule of teenagers. Zach is a 4-H junior leader so he had to go Saturday morning and decorate from the Valentine dance and then go back that night to help chaperon the dance. But he and Kacie did help out yesterday afternoon and today. It's a good thing Zach was there today because after yesterday I was moving a little slow.


This is Zach on the tractor.

Zach got off the tractor to check out the situation and stop for a photo opp.
I wasn't really excited about this. Grant would get in the bucket and let Zach raise him up to reach the limbs he wanted to cut. I know people do this all the time but sometimes I would just have to go back in the house because I couldn't look. This was about the "fourth last tree", as Zach called it. He said Grant told him "let's trim one more" and then he would say "let's trim one more" and again and again. I told he won't stop. Kacie ended up with one of the toughest jobs, keeping Shea entertained. They watched TV, played "Guess Who", a game she got from cousin Debbie that she absolutely loves to play, and sat by the lake.

Hard to believe a few days ago it was below freezing. The first sign of warm weather Shea is ready to swim. It's still a little cold for that.I think Kacie enjoyed the sun too.
Zach had to take break for another photo-opp.
And Shea is always ready for the camera. If I was this cute I would like to have my picture taken too.
Ginger was not to sure of the pier. She would not get on it at all Saturday. This is Sunday afternoon. I had to go out and sit down and call her. She is looking at me like she is saying "You want me to do what? No, no, you come get me."She is thinking about it but still not to sure.
She needed to smell it first and then she put her feet on the boards..
Ah, success. She was out there but wouldn't stand up, she kind of crawled on her belly at first. I was cracking up watching her.


Then I got a little worried she was going to jump in the water. That water was so cold.
We got some mistletoe out of one of the trees. I sure hopes Zach gets that goofy look off his face if he wants Kacie to give him a little kiss even holding the mistletoe.
Shea holding the mistletoe over Grant's head. Not that she really needs mistletoe to get a kiss from her daddy.Family time is great, even when there is hard work involved. I hope everyone has a blessed week.
Charlene

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Don't you just love it? I love just hanging out with the family...Ginger crawling on that deck is hilarious! Good thing it was your family in that bucket...my family has very bad luck when it comes to doing things like that...we're on a first name basis at the emergency room! lol We probably will have our own room when they get the new hospital finished!