
We were headed to Mexico on a 7 day cruise when we left Shreveport but because of Hurricane Gordon our plans were changed and we went to the Bahamas. I was disappointed at first but I enjoyed the Bahamas. This is Grant on the Queen's Staircase.
The plans were to head for Mexico when the hurricane passed but ol' Gordon decided he liked the Gulf and decided to stay for several days. So we stayed in Nassau. On this day we went to Corral Island. We got to see all kinds of sea creatures. Who are those young people in this picture?
This is a picture of Corral Island.
One day they sailed the ship out in the open water so they could open the shops and the casino. As long as the ship is docked they can't open them. We still couldn't get to Key West because of the hurricane. Then one day we got to go snorkeling. The hurricane had stirred up the waters and they said it wasn't as clear as usual but I thought it was amazing.
The next day the cruise line had rented the island where Blue Lagoon was filmed. It is a really pretty island with all sorts of things to do. They told us it was also the island where Gilligan's Island was filmed but I always thought it was filmed near California. This is Blue Lagoon Island. Isn't it beautiful?
I had to have a picture of some of the carved watermelons. I would love to know how long it took someone to carve this.
My, what a good-looking couple!! I think this was the last night of the cruise. Probable why I look so rested. Or maybe its because I was about 14 years younger, yea, I bet that's it.
When I started looking for pictures to post I realized I didn't have very many. Can you believe that? We had a wonderful time. I will be glad when I get to go again. Maybe one day I will make it to Mexico on a cruise ship.
Charlene
P.S. I didn't win the corvette either. Just how much disappointment do they expect a girl to take in one week?
4 comments:
Boy you guys look YOUNG in those pictures....well, you still do, but ole Grant is lookin a little aged now...LMAO! (sorry Grant...tryin to make Leenie feel a little better!!) I sure was wishing you were gonna win that Vette too cause i was lookin forward to all the cruisin we were gonna do! Oh, well, maybe next year!!! luv ya! Lissa
We looked young because we were young. Only young at heart now.lol
LOVIN the clothes!!! lol Sad thing is I really need to clean out my closet!!! I think I still have some stuff that looks like that! Our cruise was my ALL TIME FAVORITE vacation! We thought we were going on a cruise this year for our 25th, but Uncle Sam had different plans...oh, well! Maybe next year!
Hey Sylvia, don't make fun of the clothes..she borrowed some of that from me...lmao!!! ;-)
Post a Comment