- Let The Good Times Roll -
We went to the Mardi Gras parade in Shreveport Saturday. I wanted to share some of the fun. Karen invited us to come to watch the parade with them. Her sister, Vicky, gets out really early to get a good spot. This is their big tent.
Shea and Kacie just sitting around waiting on the parade.
Shea and the other kids spent most of their time waiting rolling down a hill. Shea had to take a break for a cookie.
There was lots of food, grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, dip, cookies, and of course there was a King Cake.
We bought Shea this horn. I have no idea what I was thinking. I'll bet the little girl in the picture has some hearing loss today.
Vicky and Karen. Their mom, Pat, is standing behind them.
I do believe they see the parade coming down the road. That's Karen and Dale's daughter, Kelsey, sitting in the chair.
Here we go. So sit back and enjoy. I have a lot of pictures.
The King's Float.
These guys were walking around putting beads on the kids.
Teddy Allen from the Shreveport Times was throwing me a cup. It's kind of hard to take pictures at a Mardi Gras parade and try to catch the throws. Sometimes I was just trying not to get knocked out with some of the throws. They get to chunking those things and you just got to get out of the way.
Here are some of the other floats.



Zach has been wanting some new glasses. Looks like I can save my money now.

Vicky, Kelsey, and Karen stood in the back. They weren't even trying to catch beads but I think they got a lot too.






Kacie decided to borrow Zach's glasses.
My favorite saying. I don't say it a lot but Karen tells me "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" all the time. That could be because I ask at least 10 times a day if it is 5 o'clock yet.
This is not an excuse I have ever used. Have you?

When Shea saw Zach's glasses, she wanted to wear them.








Do you think this guy likes LSU?
t Mr Dale gave Shea all the beads they caught.
Here is Shea's loot from the parade. Zach and Kacie gave her most of theirs also.
If you know of anyone that might need some Mardi Gras beads, I just may know someone that has some to spare.
Charlene
No comments:
Post a Comment