Sunday, February 1, 2009

Minden loves St. Jude

It's that time of year again for the good folks of Minden to do there part for St. Jude. Every year they have a big fundraiser. If I'm not mistaken, Minden raises more money for St. Jude per capita than any other city in the US. That is pretty darn impressive. I guess almost every person that lives in Minden helps out in one way or another during the weekend. It is amazing how much money the schools in Webster parish raise. They have lots and lots of items they raffle. I am so excited because the grand prize is a chose of three different cars. When they pull my name tonight I will be choosing the red corvette!!


I didn't get very many pictures but I wanted to share the few I got. This is just a small portion of some of the raffle prizes. I know you can't tell a lot from the picture. I forgot my camera (can you believe that?) and had to use my phone.
They have Kid's Fun Day on Saturday so Shea and I went over yesterday morning. They had slides, bouncers, face painting, basketball, sidewalk drawing, and other activities for the kids to do. Smokey the Bear was even there.

Shea loved that giant slide. I think she must have made at least 100 trips down that slide.
Kaleigh got her face painted.
Then it was Shea's turn but she wanted LSU and tiger paw prints painted on her face.
In the kid's section they had a table set up so the children could make get well cards for the kids at St. Jude. I thought that was a neat idea. Shea and Kaleigh each made a card.
Here they are finishing up their cards. I wish I would have gotten a picture of their finished cards. They were very pretty.
Also on Saturday they host the Louisiana State Championship Chili Cook-off. There were 102 different groups cooking chili yesterday. That's a lot of indigestion. You could probable smell chili from miles away. I'm not sure who won, we left before the winners were announced.
Marc was one of the chili cookers. This is Marc and Jen.Well, I don't think I have to remind any of you how I feel about St. Jude. I always try to support any of their fundraisers in one way or another. This one in Minden is so much fun. You can check it out on the web at http://www.mindenstjude.com/. There is still time to buy some raffle tickets and they are listed on their website. You can go online and buy a raffle ticket for the grand prize but just be aware I am going to win, but don't let that stop you.
Always BELIEVING,
Charlene

No comments: