Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pine Cove Scrapbooking Weekend

In January, cousin Sylvia invited me to Pine Cove to scrapbook ALL weekend. It was so much fun that I registered for next year before we left the place.


I met some new friends. Sylvia and these ladies have come to this retreat for several years. This is my first but hopefully won't be the last. Trisha Franks, Leslie Boyd, Bonnie Flurry, me, and Sylvia had a blast.
This is where Sylvia and I did our work. All that mess is not mine, most of it was Sylvia's. That's probably because she has a lot more stuff than I do. My chair was behind the table and by the end of the weekend, I could barely get out from back there. It was great to be able to just leave your stuff all spread out and pick up where you left off.Sylvia was working on her scrapbook of Christmas. Her Christmas book started the first year she and Chip started dating...a looooong time ago. I did my scrapbook on our last trip to the St. Jude Marathon (with a lot of help from Sylvia).
The last night was pajama night. We put on our PJs for dinner. Good think too, you need as much room as you can get when they feed you like they do at Pine Cove.After dinner, we headed back to the scrapbooking room to "try" to finish up our books. I came really close to getting mine finished. I have never been able to get that many pages done in one weekend and probably won't again until next January.Awwww, I love my Sylvia!! Thanks for inviting me and for the help!!Be back soon,
Charlene

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love you too! We can't wait for next year. So glad you're joining us again. Kinda reminds me of us staying together in the summers like we used to....great time to "catch up" with each other's lives!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a lot of fun Charlene! I know you are proud of your scrapbook!

By the way, the pictures that you sent along with Zach's graduation announcement to Melba were so good! Melba looked at them for a long time. Thanks for sending them. XOXOXO

Debbie