Monday, May 3, 2010

Another Smith Gathering 2010

Every January we try to get together with the Smith gang. I had to show you Sylvia's shirt. We love Donny Osmond!!
Everette Ray, my dad's first cousin, his wife, Florine and my great Aunt Ida Belle
When you have a get-together the week before the national championship game and people from Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas all there, well, lets just say we showed our true colors. Michael with his Longhorn shirt (he's a brave man) and Shelia with her Alabama everything on. I'm not sure Shelia has anything that doesn't have an A or an elephant on it.
I think Uncle Bill may have been explaining to Michael exactly who was going to win the championship game. There always has to be one in the bunch, doesn't it?
Aunt Ida Belle, Mama, Florine, and Aunt IreneMicheal had Aunt Betty to thank for these homemade fried apple pies. They were wonderful. If she had known he was going to wear that shirt, she might not have hidden some of those pies for him.
Sylvia bought me this LSU "Small Town Girl" tee-shirt and got her a Razorback shirt. I have to tell you, she told me she had to pay cash for that LSU shirt because her credit card rejected any purchase of LSU stuff. HAHAHA...that was awfully sweet of her considering how she feels about LSU. Sylvia and I in our new shirts. Thank you, Sylvia!!
Now, let's talk about bravery. Ann is pretty darn brave wearing this Cowboys jersey around all us Saints fans. It's not really bravery though, she knows we love her even if her choice of favorite football teams is lacking. Let me explain before cousin Sylvia jumps on this statement...not everyone there was a Saints fan (although I can't understand why). But this picture is proof that Saints fans and Cowboy fans can get along.Ann and her handsome son Colton.
If you ever wanted to know what "REAL" Alabama Tide fans look like, check out this picture. Shelia and Aunt Betty are definitely real fans.
Curtis, another real fan, and Sylvia. See Alabama and Arkansas fans can get along too. Hey, I wonder why none of those Alabama fans hugged me while I had on my LSU shirt??? hummm...I'm gonna have to check on that. Just kiddin, I know they love even though I'm a Tiger fan.
Everette Ray and Florine
Uncle Bill and Aunt Irene
A picture of the cousins that were there. Would you please note how everyone is behaving. Now that's something you won't see often, not with this group.
Weyland and Ann
And Wayne, just sittin' back taking it all in.Loads of fun and congratulations to all you Alabama fans on your national championship win!!
Charlene

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I do have a comment about the "behaving" picture of all of us....you didn't say that it took about 30 shots to get that one picture! BEHAVING and our bunch...oxymoron.