Saturday was Barbara's birthday but with all the happenings of Saturday, she got her birthday cake on Sunday and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
Shelia, Aunt Faye, Michael and Ann waiting to eat lunch.
Me and Grant with Michael.
Going through the line. One thing about Mamaw's house is that there is always lots of food. Keith cooked hamburgers and hot dogs.
One of the few times I saw Mama and Aunt Betty sitting down. Most of the time they were busy trying to make sure everything was in order for everyone else.
Just look at that desert table. Yum, Yum. Lyndon, Jessica's boyfriend, was looking to make sure Shea didn't eat all the Reese's desert that Sylvia made.
Beautiful girls, Jessica and Nicole. They both turned 21 this year and only a few months apart in age. I can't believe those girls are grown now.
Lisa with her daughter, Laura. Laura will be 21 years old before we know it. She and Zach are less than a year apart in age.
Bradley, Michael's son, was a little tired. He found him a spot, (I don't know how comfortable thought) and took him a nap.
My mom had these tiles made for all of us. This is the house my Granny and Grandaddy John lived in. The place where a lot of memories were made, a place where we could run and play and nobody worried, a place where we sat on the porch swing and sang old hymns, the place where we went and played in the pond and not worried about what might be in that pond, the place where we sat under the fig tree or green apple tree and ate until our stomach hurt just like Granny told us it would and back before we had any responsibilities other than being a kid. Wow, those were the days!!! This is such a wonderful gift.
Shea loved playing with Zoey.
We decided it was time for group pictures. So, these two goofballs decided they would get things started. Any ideas who these mystery hineys belong to?
Indeed, it is Kenneth and Shelia. This turned out to be a really good picture considering they were just playing around.
These are the grandchildren of John and Mary Smith. Everyone but Wayne. Man, we sure did miss you!! Wayne's daughter was chosen to attend Texas Governor's School (congratulations ,Terah) and they were sending her off so he and his family couldn't make it.

and all I had to do was clap and say "yeah, Zoey" and she would do it again. Too Cute.
I would like for you all to look at the next set of pictures closely. Do you see a common thread here, one particular person that may be causing trouble, one person that looks like they are being picked on when in fact could actually be the trouble maker?
Not to obvious in the first picture. What about now?
Or now? Could we just get a picture, please?
Looks like we should have separated Ann and Shelia. Kenneth, why are there bunny ears over my head?
Again. Just a little cooperation here, people?
Silly faces. Randy, why are there bunny ears over Sylvia's head?
Not you too, Barbara!!
Shelia would just like for everyone to please stop bothering her so she can have her picture made. Why does every one always pick on poor ole Shelia?
The great grandchildren. Just look how well behaved those children are.
The great-great grandchildren. They stood right where they were told and had their picture made in no time at all. I can't seem to figure out why it took our group so long to get a good picture. Hmmm? Maybe it was the photographers.
We had to get a picture of all the in-laws. These are the lucky few that got to marry into this family. :-)
Lisa with her husband, Scott, and their daughter, Laura. They flew up from Florida to spend the weekend. They stayed at our house and I really enjoyed sitting around visiting with them. I do believe Zach could have sat and talked to Scott all night about cars and trucks. He thought it was pretty cool too that Scott has taken Laura to the drag strip to race her car.
Aunt Betty had her whole bunch with her. Front row-Zoey, Peyton, Bradon. Second row-Laura, Aunt Betty, Brandy. Last row-Scott, Lisa, Aimee, Vance, Boyd, Jeremy, Jennifer, Nic, and Barbara.
Little Zoey entertained herself for awhile on the front steps. Well, obviously she entertained me too. She would get up there on that step and say:
Sylvia and Ann were like sisters to me growing up. Most of the time they were my only relief from all those stinky boys.
Aunt Idabelle and Uncle Bill. Aunt Idabelle is one of my Granny's sisters.
Zach and Jake were spraying the little kids during the water balloon fight.
It's a good thing it was plenty warm that day because those kids got soaked.
Shea, Mercedes, and Harley were trying to fill water balloons.
Do you remember making home-made ice cream a long time ago? I can remember at my Granny and Granddaddy John's house, fussing over who got to sit on top of the ice cream maker while it was being cranked. (yes all you young'uns, I mean hand-cranked) Well, we didn't have to hand-crank it but Melissa did have to sit with her feet on the motor to keep it turning. You know, come to think of it, I don't think any of us fussed with Melissa about wanted to do that.
The ice cream was a BIG hit. (thanks Lissa) Two containers was gone in no time.
Shea loves her Aunt 'Rene.
Zach, Mercedes, and Jake went on a four wheeler ride, in the mud no doubt. When they got back they were filthy.
Jake got a little muddy himself.
Zach had to wash the mud off his four wheeler. Looks like Peyton wanted to help.
Shea and Ashlynn taking a rest from the water balloon fight.
I think Chloe was watching Nic eat his hamburger. She so wanted a bite.
Zoey had to stop and eat a snack.
The only uncle I have left on this side of heaven. Shelia and Curtis, I can never tell you how much I appreciate y'all bringing Uncle Bill to Louisiana for this reunion. You guys are great and he is so blessed to have you all to take care of him. I love you Uncle Bill. I love all my aunts and uncles.
I thank the Lord for the wonderful family he has blessed me with and I love that our family is growing all the time.
Charlene
2 comments:
some of these pictures made me cry!!! GREAT post Leenie!!!! What a wonderful time we all had...hope it was the first of many years to come!!! Love you!!!
You will nevr know how much I enjoyed having that reunion at my house. The pictures that you have posted have made me cry,as usual. Thank you for the wonderful words you have to say about everyone. I have been waiting to see what you would do on the reunion. I also hope it can be one of many to come.
Post a Comment