They were married May 16th, 1935 and raised five children, 4 boys and one girl, Franklin, J.T., Fred, Irene and Alton. Franklin (Uncle Bill) married Doris and had two children, Billy and Shelia. J.T. married Betty and had two girls, Barbara and Lisa. Fred, (my dad), married Mary and had five children, Weyland, Kenneth, Randy, Charlene (me), and Keith. Irene married Franklin Williams and had two girls, Sylvia and Ann. Alton married Faye and had two boys, Wayne and Michael. Now those kids have kids and some even have grandchildren so this is a pretty big crowd when we all manage to get together.The first weekend in June we managed to get almost everybody together. There were a few that couldn't make it and we sure did miss them.
Somebody had the wonderful idea to get one of these huge tents to set up. I was impressed with how quick these guys got it put up. I didn't know they could work so well together.
Queen Shelia!! She looks comfortable but it was kind of hot out there.
Barbara's lap is full with two of her grandchildren, Zoey and Peyton, with Shelia looking on.
Queen Shelia!! She looks comfortable but it was kind of hot out there.
Barbara's lap is full with two of her grandchildren, Zoey and Peyton, with Shelia looking on.
Boyd with his youngest grandson, Peyton.
Barbara, Aunt Betty, Mama, and Aunt Irene enjoying the weather.
Michelle and John David found them something to eat. Grant is still looking
Jake got a picture of Shea and Caroline turning flips.
Melissa and Ann are all smiles after Randy and Donna's wedding.
My, what nice looking ladies we have here. Sylvia and I after the wedding.
I tried to get a picture of Aunt Irene and Caroline but I couldn't get Caroline to look at the camera. She was in a shy mood I suppose.
I know we are a rowdy crowd but did we really need all those officer? They came for Randy's wedding not for crowd control. Although, some one did get handcuffed. Not gonna name any names (but her initials are Ann and that's another story for another day).
Randy filling up his plate.
Eating again!!
Group picture! Barbara, Shelia, Aunt Faye, Ann (up top), Sylvia, me, and Aunt Betty
Barbara and Boyd looking at pictures on the computer.
Aunt Irene and Curtis posing for a picture.
Aunt Betty, Mamaw Mary, April and John David.
Weyland loves to dance. He and Mercedes was dancing around Mamaw's living room. You got to be pretty darn good and quick in order to keep up with him. I can remember dancing with him in the living room and I remember him and Mary Kate dancing around.
Shea kept wanting to climb the big pole holding up the tent. Finally Daddy got up and helped her.
Shea and Zach with Uncle Bill. Several years ago Zach went to Alabama with Mamaw and while he was there him and Uncle Bill became pretty good buddies. Uncle Bill had a pellet gun that Zach liked so when he found one like it at a store by his house and bought it and sent it to Zach.
There you have the first day of the reunion in pictures. Don't you worry now, I have plenty more of day 2 to share. It's really hard to pick out just a few for a post which is why these last several post have been so long. This is just a few pictures of the many I took, I have bunches that I didn't put on here. Hope you enjoyed.
Barbara, Aunt Betty, Mama, and Aunt Irene enjoying the weather.
Michelle and John David found them something to eat. Grant is still looking
Jake got a picture of Shea and Caroline turning flips.
Melissa and Ann are all smiles after Randy and Donna's wedding.
My, what nice looking ladies we have here. Sylvia and I after the wedding.
I tried to get a picture of Aunt Irene and Caroline but I couldn't get Caroline to look at the camera. She was in a shy mood I suppose.
I know we are a rowdy crowd but did we really need all those officer? They came for Randy's wedding not for crowd control. Although, some one did get handcuffed. Not gonna name any names (but her initials are Ann and that's another story for another day).
Randy filling up his plate.
Eating again!!
Group picture! Barbara, Shelia, Aunt Faye, Ann (up top), Sylvia, me, and Aunt Betty
Barbara and Boyd looking at pictures on the computer.
Aunt Irene and Curtis posing for a picture.
Aunt Betty, Mamaw Mary, April and John David.
Weyland loves to dance. He and Mercedes was dancing around Mamaw's living room. You got to be pretty darn good and quick in order to keep up with him. I can remember dancing with him in the living room and I remember him and Mary Kate dancing around.
Shea kept wanting to climb the big pole holding up the tent. Finally Daddy got up and helped her.
Shea and Zach with Uncle Bill. Several years ago Zach went to Alabama with Mamaw and while he was there him and Uncle Bill became pretty good buddies. Uncle Bill had a pellet gun that Zach liked so when he found one like it at a store by his house and bought it and sent it to Zach.
There you have the first day of the reunion in pictures. Don't you worry now, I have plenty more of day 2 to share. It's really hard to pick out just a few for a post which is why these last several post have been so long. This is just a few pictures of the many I took, I have bunches that I didn't put on here. Hope you enjoyed.Charlene
No comments:
Post a Comment