A real snow day, finally!!! Randy made this picture of our house. Pretty, don't you think?
Ginger wasn't to sure about that cold, wet stuff on the ground.
Ginger wasn't to sure about that cold, wet stuff on the ground.That sweet puppy wasn't even sure if she could get off the sidewalk at first. She did get out there though.
This is Brandon's measurement of the snow that morning. Wow, now that's a lot of snow.
This is the real measurement from that morning. Brandon put the measuring stick behind the wood pile in the other picture, looks real to me. haha Still, almost 4 inches of snow is a lot to us in north Louisiana.
My usual snowman building buddy, Zach, was in New Orleans at the Mardi Gras parades, so I called out my other helpers. I called Brandon and Jake and told them I needed some help and in no time, they were there. Such good nephews I have. Brandon and Shea were trying to get that snowman bottom shaped up a little. He looks a little lumpy here.
Shea and Jake having a snowball fight. You can't have this much snow without a snowball fight.
Mr. Snowman is coming right along, still a little lumpy though. I don't think Shea was helping to much. I guess her nose was cold. 
And just so you know, I was helping too, just had to stop every now and then to take a few pictures.
Since Zach wasn't home and couldn't protest, we borrowed his hat. I don't know if hell froze over when the Saints won the Superbowl but I know Louisiana did.
Because I knew we better not get that Saints hat dirty, we found the next best thing, a Fred Smith & Sons hat.

Brandon with his new bff. You did a good job Brandon, thanks for helping.
Flash in the snow.
After the snowman was built it was time to pull out the sled. Jake pulled Shea all around the pasture.
Our horses, Gus and Flash, didn't seem to mind the snow.
I wish I had a picture of the look on Jake's face when I told to spin out on the four wheeler. He couldn't believe that was coming out of my mouth. Bless his heart, Leenie is a little over protective when they are riding. The first thing I tell him when he ask to ride is, "if I see you driving to fast you are going to park it". So you see why he was surprised? He had a blast out there on it. 
I love the snow.
Charlene
Charlene
1 comment:
These pictures are so awesome to look at right now in the heat of the summer, I love it!! It's only about 100 degrees here in the shade. Thanks for sharing!
Debbie
Post a Comment