Just before the 5K started most of TEAMJAKE got together for a group photo. Melanie made a picture of the 7 of us. Yep, it was early and it was really cold!! I've said before, not many reasons I would be up this early on Saturday morning and out when it was this cold to walk 3 miles. St. Jude and Jake Raborn's memory is definitely two reasons to do it.
Before everyone started lining up for the 5K.
Our fearless cheerleading captain, Mo.
Brandon and Zach waiting to start.
Saints hat and TEAMJAKE shirt, Zach's ready.
It's about time to go!!!
Our fearless cheerleading captain, Mo.
Brandon and Zach waiting to start.
Saints hat and TEAMJAKE shirt, Zach's ready.
It's about time to go!!!
Kim and I walked the 5K. This is our time at the 1st mile marker.
Our 2nd mile, how is that for keeping pace???
Melissa making her way, running toward the finish line.
Kim and I waving at our TEAMJAKE cheerleaders. We finished 3.1 miles in 51.58 minutes and that is with a bathroom break for Kim between the 2nd and 3rd mile.
After the race we all got our metals. Here's Jake and he wasn't as sad as he looks.
Garrett is all smiles.
Mr. Cool Ray Saints Dude with his metal.
Brandon, of course, finished before all of us.
Melissa showing off her metal.
Kim's first 5K metal.
And last, but certainly not least, me.
Our matching outfits.
Our boys, they had a really good time. Never to early to show them the importance of helping out a good cause.
After we finished the 5K, we gathered our signs and went out to cheer on the marathoners and half marathoners. I love this part. Do you see the picture of Jake there in the middle?
Our 2nd mile, how is that for keeping pace???
Melissa making her way, running toward the finish line.
Garrett is all smiles.
Mr. Cool Ray Saints Dude with his metal.
Brandon, of course, finished before all of us.
Melissa showing off her metal.
Kim's first 5K metal.
And last, but certainly not least, me.
Our matching outfits.
Our boys, they had a really good time. Never to early to show them the importance of helping out a good cause.
After we finished the 5K, we gathered our signs and went out to cheer on the marathoners and half marathoners. I love this part. Do you see the picture of Jake there in the middle? A dad's love for his son...that's all I need to say about this picture.
I tried to get as many pictures of TEAMJAKE members as I could. I hate that I don't know all their names.

Danny Pennington's first year as a TEAMJAKE member and running the half marathon,
and Danny's wife, Tammy.


And there is Karl, our team captain.
Kim and Melissa found them a new buddy.
After the cheering was done...Zach and Brandon look a little lost, don't they?
Another 5K under our belts. Ready for next year. We are always needing new TEAMJAKE members. You don't have to participate in the runs (or walks), you can come to Memphis and cheer on those that do. Even if you can't make it to Memphis, you can always join the team and raise money for St. Jude. Either way, I would be glad to give you the details, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.
Believing,
Charlene
No comments:
Post a Comment