This is my first post of this years marathon weekend. I guess it will take at least three post to get all I want to tell you about out there.
Check out the new tattoo. Kim and I went to a ULM game one Saturday afternoon and decided on the way home to stop and get these. Well, it was still early and we were looking for something to do...what can I say?

I had my old tattoo covered up. I was with Syble and Brandon when I got my first one but it had faded and the yellow rose was now a black rose and the leaves were "growing" into the heart. I had to have one last picture though!!

OK, so now its time to get the suburban ready for the trip to Memphis.

Melissa and Kim came over to help paint the windows.

Melissa did a fine job!!

This is why we go on this trip and why we help raise money for St. Jude. Remembering Jake Owen Raborn and celebrating all the lives St. Jude has helped save.

Melissa, me, Kim, and the burb, ready for the trip. We left Thursday night, Dec. 3rd around 7pm so we didn't get to our hotel until about 1am.

We decided on the way to Memphis we needed to get our fingernails painted. We had TEAMJAKE painted on them and of course they had to be green, Jake's favorite color.

I still haven't changed my nails yet. I was going to remove the green and paint them a different color after we got home but decided I would wait a few days, just couldn't bring myself to do it. Then it seemed like everywhere I went there was someone that "loves" my nails and wanted to see them. Then everyone asked "what it TEAMJAKE?", so I get to tell them all about Jake and the St. Jude Marathon and I even throw in info about the Jake Owen Raborn Foundation. So, I guess I'll just leave them like they are for a while longer. And I will have them done again for the "Shake for Jake" fundraiser in 2010.

Zach, Jake, and Garrett came running out of the hotel Friday morning. (notice Zach has no shoes on) These guys were as excited about this trip as I was.

This is the energy Garrett and Jake had to get rid of after riding in the car half the night.

What can I say about these two goofballs??? Some things we don't even try to figure out.

Melissa, Brandon, and Zach after we picked up our registration packets. You could see this picture had I not just deleted it-sorry. (When I get on my other computer, I'll add it back if I can.)
I look like I'm surrounded by my bodyguards.

We all got our packets and ready to head to the pasta party.

Zach and Brandon just could not keep their feet on the ground.

We had some time to kill so we decided to go see if Elvis was home.

We couldn't find him so we just left him a note so he would know TEAMJAKE had stopped by.

Zach was checking out Brandon's message:

to Tyler, Ethan, and Kevin. Their friends are never far away...LOL

Merry Christmas to you too, Elvis.

My next post will be pictures from the pasta party and the cheerleader meeting.
Always BELIEVING,
Charlene
1 comment:
I love the picture of Jake and Garrett! Thats just too cool 4 school! We had such a great time! Getting my nails changed tonite so they will be ready for the Saints game....gonna miss these green ones! :(
Thanks for posting all these pictures...hopefully everyone will see what they are missing and wanna join us next year!
Post a Comment