Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Jason Smith

I officially got a new niece last Saturday. Now, just to let you know, we have considered her a part of our family for a long time now but finally it's legal.



Here is the happy couple at the rehearsal dinner. It was at Tall Timbers in Homer and oh my, it was goooood!

I was planning only to put pictures of the bride and groom on this blog post but somehow this picture just popped up from no where, so I figured I would just leave it.
Why in the world do you two look so happy? oh yea, your getting married.
The forecast for the wedding day wasn't good. It was cloudy and rainy, there was a tropical depression (or something) moving in from Florida so the wedding that was going to be outside by the pond had to be moved indoors. This meant last minute changes had to be made and last minute decorations had to be put into place. I'm not sure how many people showed up at Ruple Baptist Church Friday but it was a big crew of folks. You can see in this picture that Donna had the best job, playing with that precious baby, Chloe, while Cassie and Jennifer worked. Just kidding, Donna did her fair share of the work too.
Because of the location change they had to call everybody on the invitation list to let them know of the change. I just hope everyone had unlimited minutes on their cell phones. Phone books, cell phone, list of invited guest and several people got the job done.




After all the hurrying around, the church was decorated, the wedding party in place and the guest braved the rain and showed up for one of the prettiest weddings I have been to.

Most of you know Jason is my brother Randy's son and his mother, Kim, just happens to be one of my very bestest friends.
Jason and his beautiful mother.
April with her parents, her brother, Michael, and her sister, Jennifer.
The fathers of the groom and the bride.
I'm not sure who was more excited about the wedding, Nicole or April. OK, April may have been a little more excited but it was hard to tell. Nicole and April both looked so pretty.
Shea was their flower girl and a pretty little flower girl I might add. Shea loves April and was so happy when she found out she would get a new dress out of the deal.
All the girls getting their picture made before the wedding; Rebecca, Nicole, Jennifer, April and Shea.

Look at this beautiful bride.
Jason with his best man, Jeff. They patiently waited their turn in the back room for pictures.
I have to tell you that Randy Smith is one proud father-in-law. I think April is as crazy about Randy as he is about her, if that's possible.

Where did this picture come from? I guess I'll have to leave it too.
Since the plan was to have the wedding outdoors, the unity candle was replaced with this. This is yellow and brown sand they poured into the big vase. They each took turns pouring their colored sand in.
This is what they got afterwards. I just hope it gets to their house without spilling. It turned out really pretty.
After the wedding I laughed at Jason and Michael, April's brother, because they were messing with April about taking up all the "sand time". Michael was whispering to April during the ceremony, while they were pouring, to let Jason have a turn.
A picture of the bride and groom under the archway her daddy made.
April and Jason with their flower girl, Shea, and ring barrow, Lane.

The reception was held at Tall Timbers. The cake was beautiful and quite tasty.
The groom's cake fit Jason just perfect. I never got a piece of it but from what I hear it was very tasty also.
Time to cut the cake.

The bride feeding the groom cake. Oops, she got a little icing on his nose.

The groom feeding the bride cake. Oops, he got a lot of icing all over her face. I personally would have killed him if it would have been me but that's just the way Jason and April roll, they always have a good time.

They had this picture frame out for everyone to sign. This is a neat idea and there were a lot of signatures and well-wishes on it.
Well, looky here, another picture of me with the bride and groom. No, Jason did not wear his pants tucked in his boots like this during the wedding.
Michael caught the garter and Shea caught the bride's bouquet. She told Mamaw that she wanted April to throw that bouquet because she was going to catch it, and she did. There will be a bit of a dry spell for weddings if Shea is the next one to get married, don't you think?
Mr & Mrs. Jason Smith; WOW, I just find it so hard to believe that the little boy that won my heart the second he entered this world (and before) is old enough to get married. Jason used to go with Grant and I on dates, he practically lived at my house, he was my sidekick (and Grant's), he cried when he found out we were pregnant with Zach because he was afraid he wouldn't be the center of our world anymore. Was he ever wrong.

God has blessed me with the most awesome nephews and nieces, each and every one of them hold a very, very special place in my heart and when they find the person they intend to spend the rest of their lives with I will just make more room in my heart because if they fall in love with my "babies" then they become part of me.

I have more pictures from the wedding to post but that will have to be next time, so keep checking.
Welcome to the Family Mrs. April Hightower Smith, we all love you!!!
Charlene

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

ok, why does your posts always make me cry? Am I crying for the right reasons or am I crying because stuff like this makes me realize how old I am? They are a gorgeous couple! Mama said it was a beautiful ceremony. I hate I missed it. Kim looks absolutely beautiful! She hasn't aged a bit! Can't wait to see more!
luv, Sylvia