Maybe you don't know this, I LOVE TRACE ADKINS. Grant got me tickets to a concert in Shreveport. He was appearing with Martina McBride and since Grant bought the tickets, I decided he could go with me.

I was so excited about the concert for two reasons...1) I was going on a date with my husband, which we don't do near enough and 2) I was going to see and hear Trace sing.

Unfortunately, that morning on the way to the arena, Trace's band was involved in a head-on crash when a vehicle crossed the center line and hit the bus. Two men in the other vehicle were killed. Trace was not on the bus and was not hurt but several of his band members were taken to the hospital and later released. Trace is from this area and was going to go ahead and perform by himself but his band wanted to perform with him. We were sitting near the stage and could see the guys walking up and they were definitely hurting. Trace mentioned the crash and sang a song in memory of the two men killed.

Trace and the band only performed about 4 or 5 songs. I was so afraid they were not going to be able to make it and I was glad they were able to come out for that long. My cousin, Laura, was supposed to see him in Pensacola but she wasn't so fortunate. They were supposed to perform there the next night and had to cancel their entire set.
It was pretty sad, we could tell how shaken Trace was about the entire ordeal.

But that little firecracker, Martina, came out and put on a heck of a show. Maybe she was trying to help out Trace and his crew or maybe all her concerts are that good, I don't know, I've never seen her live before but it was great.

This was pretty neat, she got on this crescent moon and rode it to a stage in the middle of the arena, right in the big middle of all the fans. Keith and Melissa had tickets on the floor and was right next to the center stage. Cool, huh???


We had a lot of fun that night, just wish I could have heard more Trace.
Charlene
2 comments:
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I love him too!! He seems like a wonderful man!
Debbie
NAWWWW...Charlene...like Trace??? Not in this lifetime! ha ha ha ha...I have to say I loved his music, but really never paid that much attention to him before your obsession of him. Well, now he has caught my eye, and yes, there is something quite sexy about that man! (STILL not Donny, but who would be?) :) I've seen Martina several times before, and she's ALWAYS a spitfire! Glad you got to see him, even if it's for a little bit!
Post a Comment