
You want to hear the story of that day? OK, OK, you don't have to beg, I thought you might. I'll give you the abbreviated version, well as best as I can abbreviate a story. I had to be at the hospital at 6am that morning for the doctor to induce labor. Zach was on his own time schedule. So, everything was rocking along like its suppose to that morning, I had my friends and family coming to visit, Grant and I just waiting for our new addition. I will never forget Jennifer, Suzanne's daughter, being there. She would have stayed the entire time with me if they would have let her. As a matter of fact, when they were taking me to the labor room Dr. Lambard told Jennifer she could come with us and she was looking for a hospital gown to put on. Dr. Lambard then had to tell her she really couldn't go, he never imagined she would want to. Jennifer was as excited about the new baby as we were.
Here are some of my visitors. Staci Speer, Jennifer, Amanda Grey, and Jeremy and Melissa, Kim and Gail Speer are standing in the back. Just 8 months ago I was sitting around the hospital waiting on Amanda to have her first child. Cool huh?

Sometimes during that day, they had a fire drill. The nurse was not a happy camper. Needless to say, after she got off the phone, the fire drill was canceled.
Mamaw Ruth and Christin are looking a little tired of waiting. It was a long day for me and everybody else.

So, I was lying around in the bed all day with friends and family coming in and out checking on me. All I had to watch was the clock, no TV, no radio. Do you realize how long the day is when all you have to do is watch a clock? The hospital opened up the new maternity ward the day after Zach was born, go figure.
After a really long day, and almost into the next, we finally received our gift from God.
Here are some of the ones that were able to stick it out all day with me and got their first look at Zach. There's Granny (Kim's mom, Gloria), my daddy, Suzanne, Gail and Grant and if I had to bet, Jennifer, Staci, Amanda and Christin are up there looking too. Also there was, my mom, Grant's mom, Kim, friend Sylvia, cousin Sylvia, Joey, and probable a couple more I am forgetting. Sorry.

Happy 17th Birthday Zach. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you and how much I love you. Mom
OK, so now I have to convince him that just because the law allows him to stay out after 11pm now, doesn't mean Mom has to allow it.
OK, so now I have to convince him that just because the law allows him to stay out after 11pm now, doesn't mean Mom has to allow it. Charlene
2 comments:
I loved your account. We moms can never be short with our birthing stories... they are the most important days of our life! Mine were for sure! I loved the glasses too. I had a pair on very similar to that for Max's birth. I think mine were bigger though! And PINK! (What was I thinking?!) God bless ya'll and congratulations 17 years later on the birth of an awesome, handsome son (who has to have an incredible personality since he's your son! :)
AWWWW!!! Has it REALLY been 17 years? Just seems like yesterday I got that phone call and went running to Minden!!!! You did good, girl! He's really a great kid! I love you all!
Post a Comment